Technische Universit├Ąt Clausthal

The Clausthal University of Technology (German: Technische Universität Clausthal, also referred to as TU Clausthal or TUC) is an institute of technology (Technische Universität) in Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Lower Saxony, Germany. The small public university is regularly ranked among the Top German universities in engineering by CHE University Rankings.More than 30 % of students and 20 % of academic staff come from abroad, making it one of the most international universities in Germany.The university is best known for the prominent corporate leaders among its former students. In 2011, five of the 30 leading companies within the German stock index had alumni of TUC on their management board. Two of them as CEO.

Contents

  • History
  • Organization
  • Reputation
  • Ranking
  • Unique features
  • Student Life
  • Big Band
  • Notable faculty and alumni

6See also

7References

8External links

History

The academy of the local Hanoverian mining authority was established in 1775 at Clausthal in the Harz mountain range with its centuries-long history of mining in the Upper Harz (most notably at the Rammelsberg). Initially a school for pitmen and smelter workers, it was raised to the status of a mining college by the Westphalian minister Count Hans von Bülow in 1810. In 1864, at the behest of King George V of Hanover, the spin-off of a mining academy (Bergakademie) was founded.

Both institutions remained under joint administration after the annexation of the Kingdom of Hanover by Prussia in 1866, until in 1906 the academy was separated as an autonomous educational establishment directly subordinate to the Prussian government represented by a curator. It was one of only two mining academies in Prussia, the other being the mining college in Berlin established in 1770, a predecessor of the Berlin Institute of Technology.

After World War II, the academy passed under the authority of the West German state of Lower Saxony, it was renamed Technische Hochschule in 1966 and Technische Universität in 1968.

Auditorium

Organization

The Faculty of Natural and Materials Sciences

Institute of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry

Institute of Materials Science and Engineering

Institute of Metallurgy

Institute of Non-Metallic Materials

Institute of Organic Chemistry

Institute of Physical Chemistry

Institute of Physics and Physical Technologies

Institute of Polymer Materials and Plastics Engineering

Institute of Technical Chemistry

Institute of Theoretical Physics

Laser Application Centre

Institute of Mining

The Faculty of Energy and Economic Sciences

Institute of Electrical Power Engineering and Energy Systems

Institute of Energy Process Engineering and Fuel Technology

Institute of Environmental Sciences

Institute of Geology and Paleontology

Institute of Geophysics

Institute of Geotechnical Engineering and Mine Surveying

Institute of German and International Mining and Energy Law

Institute of Management and Economics

Institute of Mineral and Waste Processing, Waste Disposal and Geomechanics

Institute of Mineralogy and Mineral Resources

Institute of Mining

Institute of Subsurface Energy Systems

Students' hostel

The Faculty of Mathematics/Computer Sciences and Engineering

Institute of Applied Mechanics

Institute of Chemical and Electrochemical Process Engineering

Institute of Computer Sciences

Institute of Electrical Information Technology

Institute of Mass Transfer

Institute of Mathematics

Institute of Mechanical Engineering

Institute of Particle Technology

Institute of Plant Engineering and Fatigue Analysis

Institute of Process and Production Control Technology

Institute of Tribology and Energy Conversion Machinery

Institute of Welding and Machining